Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favorite Band

home.jpg



The Script

My favorite band of all time is "The Script."All their songs really get to me and they all have a deep meaning. They write their songs with so much love and the lyrics say nothing but the truth. There is one song in special called "Nothing." This song is my favorite song for ever.When I play it in my ipod or car, I want to at least repeated two more times, that's how much I like it. The song is about a drunken, broken hearted phone call to a lost love. The vocalist Danny says about the song,"Don't Change A Thing"about always leaving the door open for the possible return of a loved one. When I read what he said I started thinking that they put a lot of time writing their songs because each word has a powerful meaning. I did some research in the band history. The Script band is composed by three guys, Danny O'Donoghue (vocalist), Mark Sheehan (guitarist),and Glen Power (drummer). Three young Dubliners took on the world, with music fashioned from the emotional fragments of their own hard lives raised up by a love of pop, rock, hip hop, and soul. In two years they've scored up a handful of hit singles around the world including "We Cry", "Breakeven", and "The Man Who Can't Be Moved". The band has become successful in a matter of two years. They went from playing in small clubs to performing in theaters, at festivals and in stadiums. This reminds me that I had concert tickets to see "The Script", but I couldn't go because I had class, I was so upset that day. Anyways this band is no ordinary band, they are becoming more and more popular through the years and I can't wait to listen to their upcoming albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment