Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Aritcle The Dumbest Generation

imgres.jpg

The Dumbest Generation

My reaction to Mark Bauerlein's article. I think it was super interesting, it has a lot of good points. Everything that he wrote is true, our generation is becoming dumber and we have to "STOP THAT." What stick to me was when he mentioned that kids instead of using the internet for researching about politics and history, use it for Facebook and Myspace. I have to definitely agree with him, all of my friends when they open their laptops the first thing they do is check their Facebook page. I'm not going to lie I do it too sometimes but I want to change that habit. Our generation is so worried about the "social life" that they have completely forgot about history, politics, and culture. I mean I believe social life is important but sometimes people focus all their attention in only that. The social network is great but I think people need to know how to use it better and instead of worrying about statuses updates in Facebook they should worry about their homework or what they are gonna eat that day. Mark Bauerlein also focus his attention in the peer-to-peer activity. This could turn into a great argument if you put a group of teenagers with their parents in a room. I think that now a days kids instead of talking to their parents when they get home, they go straight to their rooms to watch T.V or use the computer. This needs to change because this is one of the reasons why teenagers get into drugs, commit suicide, etc. Kids that don't dialog with their parents in a normal basis turn into rebels and do bad things because they feel that they have no supervision. Bauerlein also discusses the nature of the Internet itself. He says, "people seek out what they already hope to find, and they want it fast an free." Now how true can this get. I seen plenty of people get mad when they can't find something on the Internet. It is outrageous, just be thankful that the Internet was discovered. People expect to find everything in the Internet that's why of the reasons they don't bother to read anymore because they think that all the answers are in the Internet. This is why I agree with Mark Bauerlein. This generation needs to make a change soon if not everyone is going to become dependable of the Internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment